A financial market with international scope
With its focus on safeguarding privacy, this financial centre combines legal and tax benefits with specialist knowledge of the needs and expectations of sophisticated international customers.
The concentration of experienced managers and specialist skills ensures that this multilingual centre of expertise holds a dominant position in finance and wealth management.
Key figures* : a powerful financial sector
- 148 banks from 24 different countries in May 2015,
- €737 billion in assets on the balance sheet (December 2014),
- 1st private banking centre in Eurozone,
- 2nd global investment funds centre after the US,
- 2nd GDP per resident after Qatar,
- The highest productivity in the world.
*sources : OECD, Banque Centrale de Luxembourg, ABBL, World Bank, IMF.